ECM’s Joanne P will give one of the workshops at Saturday’s 7th Annual Gathering of Community Gardens!
When: Sat Oct 19, 8:30am-4:00pm
Where: Garden School Foundation at 24th Street Elementary School, 2055 West 24th Street, Los Angeles 90018
Details: $25 suggested donation, includes lunch. RSVP to email@example.com to make sure that we have enough food, and please bring your own plate, cup, and fork to ensure a no-waste event.
8:30-10:00 am Check-In and Light Refreshments in the Garden
10:00-10:45 am Choice of Workshops:
- Bio Intensive Gardening – Christy Wilhelmi
- Fruit Tree Care – Lora Hall
- Chicken Enthusiasts – Luis Sanchez
- Urban Agriculture at Pitchess Detention Center – Al Renner
11:00-11:45 am Choice of Workshops:
- Sowing and Transplanting – Yvonne Savio
- Crop Rotation – Joanne Poyourow
- Garden School Foundation Curriculum – Julia Cotts
- Cooking Demonstration – Jose Leon
12:00-1:00 pm Lunch with Keynote Speaker Robert Gottlieb, Henry R. Luce Professor of Urban Environmental Studies at Occidental College and Co-Author of Food Justice
1:00-1:30 pm Book Signing and Exhibits
1:30-2:15 pm Choice of Workshops:
- Biodynamic Compost – Steve Wynbrandt
- Reducing Childhood Obesity through Gardening – Nicole Gatto
- Get Started with Beekeeping – Luis Sanchez
- Science Projects in the Garden – Christy Brigham
2:15-3:30 pm Networking and Exhibits
Saturday, October 19th, 2013 at the Garden School Foundation at 24th Street Elementary School, 2055 West 24th Street, Los Angeles 90018.
We look forward to seeing you!