We are a community group in the Westchester neighborhood of Los Angeles (LA 90045, near LAX airport).
Founded in 2005 by Joanne Poyourow and Peter Rood, the Change-Makers have …
- founded the Community Garden at Holy Nativity
- helped found the Emerson Avenue Community Garden
- set up a rudimentary “harvest redistribution network”
- tested time-banking within the community
- launched the Transition movement in Los Angeles
- done lots of other awesome stuff along the way.
As of summer 2012, the Change-Makers are (finally) incorporating and en-route to becoming an official 501(c)(3) organization so that we can do even more (ok, we do set our sights high!)